Assistant Kitchen Manager
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Do you consider yourself a good leader? Do you love to cook? If you answered yes to these questions, we encourage you to secure your future with us as we continue to grow. Become a part of the Eel River Brewing Company team and join a well-established organization that has been a mainstay in the local community since 1995.
We are in search of a hardworking and experienced individual with a passion for high-quality to join our team in the role of Assistant Kitchen Manager. Applicants must be self-motivated and possess the ability to encourage, drive and motivate. We are looking for team players that thrive on passion and purpose to join our team and contribute to an authentic vision to positively influence our Guests, and each other.
As second in command in the kitchen, the Assistant Kitchen Manager (AKM) is responsible for the supervision of the hourly kitchen team members, serving as Kitchen Manager on Duty in the absence of the Kitchen Manager. AKM fills cooking positions as needed for the efficient running of the kitchen and plays a vital part in execution of line-checks to ensure kitchen’s readiness for daily business. Manages clean-up responsibilities to ensure the proper closing of the kitchen at night. Primary position during rushes is to serve as lead expediter. The Assistant Kitchen Manager is always guiding and mentoring hourly team members in the performance of their duties to ensure back of house operates successfully, resulting in excellent guest experience.
Assistant Kitchen Manager responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Maintain personnel files for all hourly kitchen team members.
• Ensure high levels of food quality, presentation and cost control.
• Expedite the line during peak periods and/or work in a dynamic capacity along with expediter to maintain low ticket times and ensure properly prepared menu items are produced by the kitchen at all times.
• Follow recipe and/or product specifications for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, slicing, storing and serving food in the establishment.
• Supervise and ensure recipe adherence and/or product specifications for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, slicing, storing and serving food in the establishment by all team members during your shifts.
• Safely operate a variety of kitchen equipment (i.e. choppers, mixing machine, slicers, steamers, grills, etc).
• Control food waste, loss and usage per Eel River Brewing policies and procedures.
• Assist Kitchen Manager to maintain a standard of sanitation and cleanliness of kitchen utensils, equipment and all related areas.
• Assist Kitchen Manager in the hiring, development and coaching of team members to reduce turnover.
• Responsible for placing all food orders in accordance with pars set by Kitchen Manager
• Assist Kitchen Manager in conducting weekly inventory of all food and paper items
• Act as Kitchen Manager whenever KM is not present in the building, and always maintain a leadership role guiding and correcting proper procedures.
• Able to act with initiative, and plan for the future and unforeseen circumstances.
Assistant Kitchen Manager Qualifications
• Extensive understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
• Extensive understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures.
• Previous supervisor experience and professional communication skills required.
• Available to work any shift and all holidays.
• Ability to take direction and work in a team environment.
• Ability to coach and develop talent and mentor Line Cooks.
• Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Must have problem solving abilities and be self-motivated, organized, and able to multi-task.
• Have a commitment to quality service, and food knowledge.
• Assistant Kitchen Manager needs to be current in terms of the Serve Safe certification; within 6 months or less of joining the team, the candidate must attain manager level certification within the Serve Safe system.
• Thorough knowledge of and adherence to the law regarding: Licensing and Labor Laws, Health and Safety Regulations, Food Handling and Hygiene Laws, Fire Regulations and Procedures, First Aid Procedures.
Eel River Brewing Company offers Benefits (including Health, Dental, Vision, and 401K retirement), and competitive pay based on experience. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Please send resume with work references to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at the Pub at 1777 Alamar Way, Fortuna. Please, no phone calls.