Bay Area Sales Representative
The Eel River Brewing Sales Representative is responsible for managing distributor sales and
accountability by working closely with the distributors and promoting Eel River Brewing Company’s sales philosophy
under the supervision of the National Sales Manager. The focus of this position is to increase Eel River Brewing
Company’s sales through the development of new accounts, building strong relationships with distributor management,
distributor sales teams and existing account representatives. As well as, increasing product penetration and velocity of
Essential Functions and Duties:
• Increase market share of Eel River Brewing Company beers through distributor.
• Aggressively pursues new accounts, while building relationships with existing account base.
• Develops expert beer knowledge and understanding of Eel River Brewing Company portfolio of beers.
• Successfully introduces Eel River Brewing Company’s Non-organic product line without negative impact on
existing placement of Organic products.
• Manages individual time and activities to maximize sales volume within distributor defined sales territory.
• Maintains expense planning to achieve maximum return on investment.
• Conducts targeted tasting and account staff education sessions with key accounts and distributor.
• Collaborates with ERB Sales Manager and Representatives to identify highly effective sales tactics and the new
sales and marketing offers and tools that will enable the company to reach its sales goals.
• Schedules and hosts team sales meetings with distributors, training sessions with key accounts, and brewery
• Coordinate and execute promotions/events at bars and restaurants, samplings at retails stores and beer festivals
during the festival season.
• Communicate weekly activity reports to distributor, it’s representatives, as well as internal management.
• Complete necessary administrative reporting and communications on a weekly basis.
• Maintain all sales goals and personal budgets outlined to you and your territory.
• Other duties as periodically assigned by your manager.
Sales Force Management:
• Provides leadership, management and coaching to motivate the distributor sales team.
• Ensure the distributor representatives maintain an unrivaled level of enthusiasm and support for the Eel River
• Develops and maintains professional relationships with distributor management and distributor sales force.
• Builds displays and merchandises for high volume key accounts.
• Calls on local buyers, decision makers, and key account managers on a consistent
• Builds strong relationships with customers and networks within the field.
• Creates and maintains a regular schedule of distributor Ride-Alongs.
• Coordinates and works special events and promotions as assigned throughout the year.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Physical Demands:
• High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred.
• At minimum, two years’ sales experience preferred.
• Current knowledge craft beer industry regionally and nationally.
• Experience working with CRM programs such as VIP or Encompass.
• Excellent persuasive sales and relationship development skills.
• Mastery of basic computer programs, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Outlook and
• Strong oral communication skills: ability to talk to others to convey information effectively; strong written
• Must be available to work nights and weekends and work more than 40 hours per week.
• Must have a valid Driver License with a good driving record, a reliable, registered and insured vehicle, and ability
to drive to and from accounts.
• Requires prolonged sitting and driving.
• Lifting up-to 170 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
• MUST LIVE IN DESIGNATED SALES TERRITORY (CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, ALAMEDA COUNTY OR SAN FRANCISCO
Please email, Marissa@eelriverbrewing.com with cover letter and resume.