Eel River Brewing Company is looking for an experienced Sous Chef. This is a full time position.
Sous Chef Job Summary
We pride ourselves on the culinary creations served from our kitchen, and are looking for an experienced and passionate Sous Chef to help support our team. The ideal candidate for this position has previous experience preparing Pub cuisine, enjoys working in a busy restaurant environment and is capable of taking direction well and multi-tasking effectively. We offer Benefits (including Health, Dental, Vision, and 401K retirement), and competitive pay based on experience. If you have restaurant industry experience and a passion for food prep and strong customer service, please submit an application to us today.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Measure and assemble ingredients for menu items
• Collaborate with the Executive Chef and Cooks to prepare meals during our dining hours
• Maintain accurate food inventories
• Properly store food items at appropriate temperatures
• Rotate stock items as per established procedures
• Restock kitchen for subsequent shifts
• Ensure that the food prep area and kitchen are cleaned and sanitized at the end of your shift
• 2+ years’ experience as a Cook in the restaurant industry
• Able to read and follow standardized recipes
• Strong knowledge of proper food handling procedures
• Able to work as part of a team in a busy kitchen atmosphere
• ServSafe Certification preferred
• Able to maintain a clean and organized cook station
Please send Resume with work references to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at the Pub at 1777 Alamar Way, Fortuna. Absolutely no phone calls!