Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Do you consider yourself a good leader? Do you love to cook? If you answered yes to these questions, we encourage you to secure your future with us as we continue to grow. Become a part of the Eel River Brewing Company team and join a well-established organization that has been a mainstay in the local community since 1995.
We are in search of a hardworking and experienced individual with a passion for high-quality to join our team in the role of Line Cook. Applicants must be self-motivated and possess the ability to encourage, drive and motivate. We are looking for team players that thrive on passion and purpose to join our team and contribute to an authentic vision to positively influence our Guests, and each other.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, convection oven, and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating. Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes. Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations, Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment.
- Work in a dynamic capacity along with expediter to maintain low ticket times and ensure properly prepared menu items are produced by the kitchen at all times.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities and be self-motivated, organized and able to multi-task.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
- Must have a working knowledge of recent kitchen functions.
- Professionalism and safe work habits are a must.
Experience and Abilities:
- 3+ years’ cooking and kitchen experience preferred
- High school diploma/GED required
- Ability to work on your feet for eight hours or more a day
- High level of professionalism
- Comfortable working with a team in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Excellent verbal communication and organization skills
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds at a time on a regular basis
Eel River Brewing Company offers Benefits (including Health, Dental, Vision, and 401K retirement), Annual Profit Sharing and competitive pay based on experience. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.
Please send Resume with work references to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at the Pub at 1777 Alamar Way, Fortuna. Absolutely no phone calls!