Northern / Central California Sales Rep.
The Eel River Brewing Sales Representative is responsible for managing distributor sales and accountability by working closely with the distributors and promoting Eel River Brewing Company’s sales philosophy under the supervision of the National Sales Manager. The focus of this position is to increase Eel River Brewing Company’s sales through the development of new accounts, building strong relationships with distributor management, distributor sales teams and existing account representatives. As well as, increasing product penetration and velocity of sell through.
Everyday Duties and Responsibilities:
- Increase market share of Eel River Brewing Company beers through distributor.
- Aggressively pursues new accounts, while building relationships with existing account base.
- Develops expert beer knowledge and understanding of Eel River Brewing Company portfolio of beers.
- Successfully introduces Eel River Brewing Company’s Organic Craft Beer Line and Non-GMO Hard Sparkling Water Line to all accounts.
- Manages individual time and activities to maximize sales volume within distributor defined sales territory.
- Maintains expense planning to achieve maximum return on investment.
- Conducts targeted tasting and account staff education sessions with key accounts and distributors.
- Collaborates with ERB Sales Manager and Representatives to identify highly effective sales tactics and the new sales and marketing offers and tools that will enable the company to reach its sales goals.
- Schedules and hosts team sales meetings with distributors, training sessions with key accounts, and brewery tours.
- Coordinate and execute promotional events. Including but not limited to beer festivals, promotional nights and tasting events.
- Communicate weekly activity reports to distributor, it’s representatives, as well as internal management.
- Complete necessary administrative reporting and communications on a weekly basis.
- Maintain all sales goals and personal budgets outlined to you and your territory.
- Other tasks as needed.
Sales Force Management:
- Provides leadership, management and coaching to motivate the distributor sales team.
- Ensure the distributor representatives maintain an unrivaled level of enthusiasm and support for the Eel River Brewing brands.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with distributor management and distributor sales force.
- Builds displays and merchandises for high volume key accounts.
- Calls on local buyers, decision makers, and key account managers on a consistent basis.
- Builds strong relationships with customers and networks within the field.
- Creates and maintains a regular schedule of distributor Ride-Alongs.
- Coordinates and works special events and promotions as assigned throughout the year.
- Up to 75% travel time may be required
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Physical Demands:
- Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred.
- At minimum, two years’ sales experience with proven results required.
- Able to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background and driving record check
- Extensive knowledge of and a passion for craft beer required
- Experience working with CRM programs such as VIP or Encompass.
- Excellent persuasive sales and relationship development skills.
- Strong oral communication skills: ability to talk to others to convey information effectively; strong written communication skills
- Must have a valid Driver License with a good driving record, a reliable, registered and insured vehicle, and ability to drive to and from accounts.
- Requires prolonged sitting and driving.
- Residence in this role’s assigned territory required
- Evening, weekend, and holiday availability required
- Microsoft Office proficiency required
- Very strong organizational and communications skills, unwavering reliability, and consistent follow-up required
- Able to stay focused and remain extremely productive while working in the field without direct supervision
- Knowledge of wholesale distribution and operations
- Strong interpersonal skills and a love for meeting and interacting with people
- Thorough attention to detail and desire to take initiative
- Must adhere to company’s policies and procedures
Please email, Marissa@eelriverbrewing.com with cover letter and resume.