Eel River Brewing Company, America’s First 100% Certified Organic Brewery and crafter of other award-winning ales is looking to expand its sales team! We have a fun opportunity opening up in Northern California – the territory includes but is not limited to: Marin, Sonoma, Lake and Mendocino counties. We’re looking for a qualified candidate to take on Distributor Management, Local Off Premise Chains, Off-premise accounts, On-premise accounts, Growler Fill Stations, Promo’s, Events and Festivals. As a face of Eel River Brewing Company, the winning applicant must have a great attitude, strong work ethic and vast knowledge of craft beer and the craft beer industry. Successful performance of this job includes servicing our current account base at the highest level, while also opening and retaining new on and off-premise accounts throughout the entire territory. We’re looking for someone with a passion for craft beer who is motivated to grow with our company. This candidate would ideally be located in or near Santa Rosa. Below are the qualifications for this position.
The Brewery Sales Representative is responsible for managing distributor sales and accountability by working closely with the distributor and promoting Eel River Brewing Company’s sales philosophy under the supervision of the National Sales Manager. The focus of this position is to increase Eel River Brewing Company’s sales through the development of new accounts, building strong relationships with account representatives, increasing product penetration and velocity of sell through.
Essential Functions and Duties:
• Increase market share of Eel River Brewing Company beers through distributor.
• Aggressively pursues new accounts, while building relationships with existing account base.
• Develops expert beer knowledge and understanding of Eel River Brewing Company portfolio of beers.
• Successfully introduces Eel River Brewing Company’s Non-organic product line without negatively impact on existing placement of Organic products.
• Manages individual time and activities to maximize sales volume within distributor defined sales territory.
• Maintains expense planning to achieve maximum return on investment.
• Conducts targeted tasting and account staff education sessions with key accounts and distributor.
• Acts as a coach to all distributor representatives working for our distributors and Eel River Brewing Company in all regions, motivating them to achieve Eel River Brewing sales goals.
• Collaborates with ERB Sales Manager and Representatives to identify highly effective sales tactics and the new sales and marketing offers and tools that will enable the company to reach its sales goals.
• Schedules and hosts team sales meetings, training sessions, and brewery tours.
• Flexible schedule that will require availability to work Nights and Weekends for Events and Festivals.
• Assists management with the preparation of accurate monthly and weekly depletion, goal, activity, inventory and POS reports.
• Communicates activity reports to distributor, it’s representatives, as well as internal management.
Sales Force Management:
• Provides leadership, management and coaching to motivate the distributor sales team.
• Ensure the distributor’s representative maintain an unrivaled level of enthusiasm and support for the Eel River Brewing brands.
• Develops and maintains professional relationships with distributor management and sales force.
• Builds displays and merchandises for high volume key accounts.
• Calls on local buyers, decision makers, and key account managers on a consistent basis, building a strong relationship with customers, and networking within the field.
• Communicates frequently with ERB Sales and Business Management to ensure corporate communication and visits, reinforce representative’s objectives and addresses key accounts.
• Working with specific accounts, audits distributor activities, and attends meetings with local decision makers.
• Creates and maintains a regular schedule of distributor Ride-Alongs.
• Coordinates and works special events and promotions as assigned throughout the year.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred.
• At minimum, two years’ sales experience preferred.
• Current knowledge of state of Craft-Beer regionally and nationally.
• Excellent persuasive sales and relationship development skills.
• Mastery of basic computer programs, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must have a clean driving record, valid license, reliable vehicle and valid auto insurance.
• This position requires traveling 25%-30% of the time. This includes overnight travel during the travel times.
• Physical expectations: Time spent conducting sedentary work is less than 50%. Requires walking, standing and/or driving for more than 50% of the workday. Lifting 170 pounds’ maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
• Requires prolonged sitting and driving
• Requires frequent bending, stooping, pulling and pushing.
• Requires the use of personal protective equipment when applicable, including a hands-free headset device.
Interested and qualified applicants can send a resume and cover letter to Marissa@eelriverbrewing.com with the subject line “Northern California Sales”. No drop-ins, no recruiters, no phone calls, please. Interviews will be conducted as qualified resumes are received and position will be posted until filled.